Saturday, November 21, 2009

Of Fashion and Freebies

I attended the Do You Want to Be Stylish? Have You Found Your Personal Style?" workshop a while ago at my alma matter. One of the main objectives of the talk is to equip students and young professionals with the fundamentals of style. The two and half hours workshop included fashion basics such as color matching, women body type and how to dress them, clothing essentials, and fashion do’s and don’ts.


My good friend Esther was the main speaker. She is a good choice for the event because not only does she know fashion, she lives it. I think her greatest credential for being considered a fashion maestro is her personal style. She has a fine taste in fashion and a great personality to match. She is one of the few people I know that can get away with wearing just about anything--bold prints, bright colored tops/ pants/ dresses/ skirts/ shoes, fashion-forward cuts, and ornate accessories. She also has an eye for high-grade items, which is why we would always be surprised every time she would ask us where and how much it cost her to buy a new item she is wearing.


After the first speaker gave a lecture on fashion basics and fashion forecast (monochromatic designs and pieces), Ms. Boots shared practical style guidelines and stressed the importance of following them. She briefly touched on fashion faux pas that people already know but seem to ignore when choosing an outfit such as wearing something that draws unnecessary attention to one’s flaws.


My college friends and I were in charge of the registration. I was also tasked to be the photographer of the event.


All in all the event was a success. The talk was informative--it provided easy to remember guidelines and practical suggestions. The participants were active in the Q&A. The organizers were able to invite enough sponsors including the Franc Provost, Penshoppe, Go Nuts, Memo, For Me, Oxygen, Bayo, Deseo, and other generous individuals.


The organizers also gave out a lot of freebies. I was one of the lucky winners! Thanks again to the sponsors.



Loving my Deseo Kristel Bubble Tunic
I won this in the raffle.


Charming pieces are love!

This was given to me when I participated in the Q&A.


Congratulations to sis and the organizers!


No comments:

Post a Comment