Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Christmas Wish List

I struggled to jot down three items on my wish list for our office Christmas party. It was supposed to be a fun activity, but I felt like trying to recall a term from a footnote in a textbook that I read a few months back while taking a comprehensive exam. Such was the mental exercise that it took at least an hour (a conservative estimate) before I finished mine. I just could not think of something that would satisfy all three conditions: the items (1) must cost about P300; (2) must be easy to find; (3) must not identify the person requesting it.


If there were no constraints, my wish list would contain the items below. The following are items that I hope and pray to have soon:
1. Laptop (brand new, fast processor and high internal memory; a MacBook Pro- 4 GB memory would be great!) - My laptop is five years old and it needs to be replaced as soon as possible. The keyboard is falling apart—some keys are removed and sometimes the arrow keys appear to be eternally pressed giving the cursor a mind of its own. My laptop is also hindering me from learning Photoshop tricks necessary for post-prod.

2. Nikkor 18-200 mm VR Lens (brand new) - This telephoto lens will eliminate the inconvenience of changing lenses when shooting short-distance subjects. I have been eyeing this lens since the day I got my dslr.
3. Nikon Remote Flash (brand new) – This is a must-have enhancement for photography pro wannabes.


4. Hoya HD Polarizer Filter - I like taking landscape pictures. This baby will surely help bring out the best in any landscape shot.



5. LCD Protector – I should have bought this a long time ago, but I always forget to buy one.


6.
HP Financial Calculator (brand new) - I will need this next year.



7. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell – This is the number one item on my books-to-buy list. I wanted to put it on the office Christmas wish list, but this item would give me away (Elaine knows I want this book).


8. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (Hardbound copy; separate copies/book) - C.S. Lewis is one of my favorite philosophers/ Christian apologists. I would love to read his works. I want a hardbound copy of the series, because I intend to hand it down to my future kids and grandchildren.



9. Baking Mixer (heavy duty) – I love to bake. If there is one thing that is keeping me from doing so, it is the inconvenience of mixing the batter manually. It is very tiring, especially if I am baking for many.


10.
White High-Cut Chuck Taylor (no pun intended) - This is in my 2009-things-to-buy list. I still want one. It is a comfy pair of kicks for field work and dress down days.



If you happen to come across this entry, and you are feeling generous, and you know me and I actually know you, feel free to share the love.♥♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment