Saturday, March 6, 2010

Quick Recap

December was busy month, because of all the holiday preparations and celebrations. January- February was just as busy, because it's (my) de-clutter season. Since I was not able to write about events that I intended to post, I will just make a quick recap of where I was and what kept me busy.

Office Christmas Party 1
- Christmas Party 1 is my first stint as an official photographer to cover an event. Six of my pictures were published in the Christmas issue of the company’s official magazine (Thank you, Lord!).
- I bumped into my fellow Marketing Interns (in a telco company). They now work in Brand.
- Murphy’s Law at work: I experienced wardrobe malfunction and I lost my white flash diffuser.

The pictures above were published in Access December 2009 issue.


Office Christmas Party 2 (44 F)

- Our week nights before the event were spent practicing our moves for the presentation. It was a sing/dance medley, where each of the group members performed solo. Our group chose Hip-Hop, since we wanted a theme that is unflattering. Our group placed second.

- The theme of the Christmas party is “My U.N. Christmas”. The participants were asked to wear something that can be associated with a particular country. I wore Saudi Arabia’s traditional garment for men, which I borrowed from Sherwin. Yes, I cross-dressed that night (complete with beard and mustache!). Thankfully, I won the best costume award.

- Games galore: Picture frame, charades, trivia game, and karaoke challenge. My favorite is picture frame—lots of LOL moments there.

ERMG, CMS, MSAG, and CorpProc Christmas Party last Demember 11, 2009

Christmas/ Holiday Gatherings

- IEP Christmas Party: I attended a house party at Micky’s place. The party must have ended at around 4:30-5:30 AM, because we left Micky’s place at around 4:00 AM and we were among the first guests to leave. We reminisced about our IEP days.  
- Christmas Get-Together with the Barx: It’s a Christmas tradition since we were in High School. The 2009 celebration was different, because we celebrated it by dining out instead of the customary house party until past midnight. We would also normally celebrate it before Christmas. Last year’s deviation from the "Barx Christmas Tradition norm" is due to our busy schedules.
- Albay Trip 2009: We went to Albay to celebrate the New Year’s Eve. I kept myself busy by scouting my Tita’s place for interesting subjects and landscapes. We went to some of Ligao must-sees such as the Kawa-Kawa and Centro at night. We also visited Daddy (my paternal grandfather). It’s good to be reunited with family.

With friends and family

Albay 2009-2010 pictures: Herrera, Kawa-Kawa, and Centro

2 comments: