Monday, March 8, 2010

Hello, Mobile Phone Camera!

I rarely use the camera feature of mobile phone cameras. I did not develop the habit of taking pictures using my cellphone, because my Samsung unit of five years (yikes!) has no phone-to-PC feature. The company phone that was issued to me has the phone-to-PC capability, but somehow the camera is a dispensable feature for me until now.

I recently received a text message from the service provider that my outgoing services will be temporarily barred. If it were not for this slight inconvenience, I would have failed to appreciate yet again the usefulness of mobile phone cameras. I realized a while ago that I have to make the most of the situation by maximizing the use of the camera. All of a sudden I had the creative urge to shoot.


The view from my area, 44F, at 2:00 PM


The view from my area, 44F, at 6:00 PM

The view from my area, 44F, at 6:50 PM


I have been too accustomed to carrying a digital camera whenever I go out, which is why the role of mobile phones with built-in camera was downplayed in my everyday life. I tend to forget the convenience of having a cellphone inside my bag/ pouch/ pocket that is very useful for must-capture random moments/ sights / objects.


I would have failed to capture this sexist menu had I forgotten to bring my cellphone with me during our OB in Cabanatuan.

The dull and grainy quality of most mobile phone camera pictures can be remedied by tweaking the brightness, contrast, and color. With this old trick as my new mantra, you would probably see more remedied pictures in my future entries.

2 comments:

  1. Ang ganda ng pix parang hindi galing sa mobile camera. :)

    @ the last pic: Haha. They serve fresh milk with beer?! What the...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The clear sky helped a lot. =)

    ReplyDelete