Monday, November 30, 2009

Lalaland Day

It is 6:50 PM as I type this entry, but I feel like Monday is just about to start. This day has been nothing but eat-sleep-eat-sleep-eat.

I woke up at 9 AM this morning. After a bowl of cereal, a pan de sal with cheese, a banana, a cup of chocolate-flavored soya milk, and five pages of Super Freakonomics, I was off to lalaland. I woke up at 1:10 PM feeling hungry, and so I ate lunch and pledged to stay awake for the rest of the day. Once again I stayed in the living room after eating lunch with my book (big mistake!), but this time with the determination to finish the book before dinner. Thirty minutes later, I found myself dozing off when I heard my book hit the floor. I woke up for the third time this day at 4:30 PM, trying to recall a dream where I recognized a few people in a dream-esque setting. My brain probably worked twice as hard than its usual setting in orchestrating that dream, which is why I found myself eating a small bag of Chippy, a banana, and egg with rice afterwards. I decided to break the vicious cycle by going online. I needed to feel productive, and so I downloaded a couple of songs for our Christmas presentation. I also had a cup of coffee instead of my usual green-tea-after-a-meal-or-merienda ritual, because I needed my caffeine fix, pronto.

I slept late last night--at 3 AM to be exact--thus my downer holiday. I chatted with Cha on YM until 1:20 AM last night, and wandered on YouTube until 2:30 AM.

I suspect that the second cause of this day’s sleep pattern is the food supplement that I took twice today (i.e. breakfast and lunch). I just started taking it last night, which makes it a possible culprit. But I am not convinced that what caused my drowsiness today is the calcium supplement. I have not heard of anyone who feels sleepy after taking calcium carbonate. I just googled it and found no sleep-inducing side effects.


1 comment:

  1. I don't understand, bakit di napopost yung comments ko?

    ReplyDelete